Thursday, April 15, 2010

Work Ethic

So right now I'm in the Temp pool for the University of Utah and I'm on assignment through the school of medicine's burn unit for a research study. I like what I'm doing ok, it can be hard though to read about how people got burned and what complications they had, or if they survied or not. My biggest "issue" is the fact that I'm working myself out of a job. I seem to do it at every assignment I'm given, I start with a few tasks and as I prove I can do more my load increases or I get sent home early becuase there's simply nothing for me to do. Sometimes it's just annoying to have such an engrained work ethic! I'm starting to get a little nervous about the assignment I'm on, when I started there were 100 cases to be done, as of today I'm more than half way finished and I'm pretty sure I'll be done by mid-May, my boss said she'd be thrilled if I were done by the end of June. I haven't seen any job listings from UTemps, and I don't know if that's just because I'm on a long term assignment so they don't send them to me or if there just isn't a need for temp work right now. I'm scared.

Miss Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment