Friday, April 30, 2010

Day dreamin'

So, I totally stole this idea from Mal (I tried to link to her blog, but I don't know how apparently)

Almost 2 months ago now I was helping a friend find a new place and her soon to be landlord was telling us about some random stuff in his life when it came up that my birthday and his were only 2 days apart. At which point he asked me "How do you control all your other lives? You know, your daydream lives." And I responded, "I don't have 'other lives'" His rebuttle, "Yeah, you do! It's part of being born when we were. I mean in my daydreams I cook better, I look better, I'm a better parent, I'm a better hiker, all sorts of things." I laughed, because he's really good at getting people to laugh and just relax, and then realized that I DO do that!

So in no particual order here are a few of my day dreams/things I look forward to.


Dreaming in Arabic

Stepping off the airplane in a foreign country for the first time

Getting lost in a new place and then finding my way back

The perfect pair of shoes

Taking an AMAZING photo to remember an AMAZING day for a life time

Giggling like there's no tomorrow with someone who has my eyes

Just because flowers

Winning bets with kisses ('casue if you 'lose' you still get a kiss!)

Dancing with the locals




What do you day dream about?

2 comments:

  1. That man sounded a little crazy, not gonna lie. But you've got me thinking...

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was kinda crazy, I should tell you the story he told my friend Melinda and me! It's and in person story though (so when we gonna play???). He's really funny! And yeah, pretty crazy!

    ReplyDelete